THE BEST Easy VEGAN LASAGNA. After trying many different vegan lasagnas over the years and working to keep a plant-based focus, we have finally come up with the WINNING RECIPE! At last, a lasagna that everyone will like ( and it’s low in gluten as there are NO NOODLES!) Our special recipe uses a Bechamel sauce made with KoCream, the rich soy cream.
KoCream is the star and acts just like dairy and holds it texture and consistency – JUST LIKE DAIRY CREAM! We also use our Textured Soy Protein (TSP) called Mame+ in Japan, as a substitute for the meat protein. What you get is a hearty meal that tastes great, has great texture just like lasagna should- AND is all PLANT-BASED!
● 1 c Fuji Soy KoCream
● 1 c Nozzarella Soy Cheese
● 1/4 c flour ( or rice flour to make it 100% gluten-free)
● 1c sliced potatoes
● 1 cup TSP, hydrated
● 1 tbsp olive oil
● 1 tbsp garlic
● 1/c chopped onion
● 1 can diced tomatoes
● 1 tbsp white miso paste
● 1/4 c ketchup
● 1 vegetable broth cube
● 1 tsp salt
● Medium pan
● Baking dish
1. sweat down the garlic and onions in a pan with olive oil
2. add tomatoes, stir
3. add TSP, stir. Now add ketchup, vegetable broth cube, stir- once combined completely remove from heat and set aside.
4. In a bowl add flour (or rice flour to make it completely gluten-free), white miso. Whisk.
5. In a pan, low heat- add in Ko-Cream until a rue is formed. Add a pinch of salt. Once lumps are gone, add in the rest of KoCream.
TIME TO ASSEMBLE
6. Oil a chafing dish and layer cooked potato slices, then sauce, then filling and Nozzarella shredded. Repeat sequence.
7. Top with the rest of the sauce and final layer of shredded Nozzarella.
8. Bake at 400° (200° C) for 15-17 minutes until top cheese is golden brown at edges.
Sprinkle olive oil over top. Add a sprig of basil.
Let cool a bit before serving warm, ENJOY!
Vegan. Simple. GOOD!