Plant-based Protein Breakfast bun is 100% Vegetarian and can be made ahead of time or frozen for later use. Great protein solutions use MUPI in meatless breakfast alternatives. Plant-based based goodness using our MUPI (mung bean protein isolate, Glucodia®) as part of a vegetarian solution with sweetness and protein! All plant-based – more recipes at fujiplantproteinlabs.com/recipes
- 40g MuPI
- 30g Insoluble dietary fiber
- 126g Reduced corn syrup
- 1 pinch Sucralose
- 1g Caramel (for reducing soy odor)
- 1 pinch Salt
- 60g Water
- 40g Margarine
- 16g Egg yolk
- 30g Apricot kernel powder
- 27g Granulated sugar
- 6g Sorbitol
- 27g Egg
- 1.5g Baking powder
- .5g Baking powder/Baking soda
- 27g Margarine
- 20g Condensed milk
- 20g Cake flour
- 45g Sorbitol
- 5g Grand Marnier
- Put all ingredients up to water in a pan and let it boil, mixing well.
- Stop heating when BRIX reached 69.（26g less than initial）
- Add margaine, egg yolk, and mix well to avoid lumps.
- By adding apricot kernel powder, you could make “Bitter almond” taste as well.
- Dissolve baking powders in beated egg.
- Add each ingredient from top (of 【Dough】 recipe)
- Roll out the dough in 2mm thick, and cut out in suitable size.
【Filling and molding】
- Make 12g ball with filling and dough each
- Wrap filling inside the dough by hand.
- Combine all the ingredients and heat up the mixture until the alcohol evaporates
- Bake for 15 min (180 C top heat, no bottom heat)
- Apply syrup on top right after baking (5g syrup each)
*Optional: make truffle-like sweets when you cover the filling with white chocolate.