Plant-based puff pastry is 100% vegan and can be made ahead of time or frozen for later use. Plant-based puff pastry goodness using our MUPI (mung bean protein isolate, Glucodia®) as part of a non-dairy, egg-free, WITH FLAVOR and protein! Use with your favorite filling or stuffing to make a savory baked good. All plant-based – more recipes at fujiplantproteinlabs.com/recipes
- 30g M70g Bread flour
- 28g Cake flour
- 2g MuPI
- 1g Salt
- 7g Shortening (vegan)
- 54g Water
- 48g Margarine for pie
- Mix all the powder ingredients up to salt.
- Put 1, shortening, and water in a mixer bowl and mix with hook for 1 min on low speed, 5 min on medium speed and make dough.
- Refrigerate the dough for 3 hrs.
- Fold in the margarine in dough for 3×4
- Refrigerate the dough for 1 hr
- Fold the dough 3×3 layers
- Refrigerate the dough overnight.
- Roll out the dough to 2mm thick, and cut out in suitable size. (40x40mm squares)
- Bake 20 min with top heat 180C and bottom heat 170C. Let it cool for 30 min with both heat 100C.
• Top with walnuts and raisins.