Get cooking with ingredients from FPPL! Spicy Mexican Vegan Sushi Roll
Want some south of the border flavor in your next sushi roll? Be calienté and vegan with a favorite around the FPPL kitchens! Use our creamy CCSS soy cream cheese– the most creamy feeling savory plant-based soy cream cheese. Spicy Mexican Vegan Sushi Roll also contains CCSS made with FPPL’s USS process for a true non-dairy, smooth taste. Fusion dining can be done without the diary while keeping all the taste and texture you expect from dairy. FPPLs CCSS is a soy cream cheese that rivals dairy with all the creamy mouthfeel you expect in cream cheese- without the dairy aftertaste. New layers and dimensions of flavor can be reached using FPPL soy products. All plant-based – more recipes at fujiplantproteinlabs.com/recipes
Spicy Mexican Vegan Sushi Roll
Made with traditional nori (dried seaweed) wrapper, Tajin, avocado, and cucumber. Creamy and rich and full of flavor. CCSS picks up any flavor as its made from soy. Combined with avocado and Tajin, each bite is a delight!
- CCSS Soy Cream Cheese
- Nori wrapper (seaweed sushi roll wrapper)
- Tajin (chili lime seasoning)
- Pico de Gallo (cilantro, onion, tomato and chili flake)
- Sushi rice, cooked, with rice flavoring mixed in. (see below)
- Sushi rice flavoring – equal parts rice vinegar, beet sugar, salt to taste- heat in microwave on high 1min, stir, mix into cooked cool sushi rice.
- bamboo mat with plastic wrap
1. Wrap bamboo mat in plastic wrap. Lay down wrapper paper on mat. Put sushi rice on Nori
2. Line up ingredients for filling. Arrange in lines next to each other starting from center of sushi rice.
3. Roll tightly enough to keep form. Squeeze gently at end of the rolling motion to keep item packed. Remove mat.
4. Once rolled, slice thin layers of tomato and arrange to cover the length of the roll.
5. cover in plastic wrap and gently compress to form, slice through plastic wrap with sharp knife
6. remove plastic wrap, slice and top with a small dollop of Pico de Gallo. Optionally use chili flake to finish. (if you dare!)
Vegan. Simple. GOOD!