White pizza + plant-based cheese = heaven!
Who doesn’t like pizza? And if your shop has a large plant-based following- you get VERY creative.
Lucino’s Pizza is a family-run shop in Las Vegas that uses our creamy CCSS soy cream cheese and our Nozzzarella pizza cheese for some creative pies. Their focus is to bring a little Philly food influence into their community. Not only your your Phillly favs, but, plant-based versions as well! Reviews from vegan and non-vegan regular customers keep them busy because of their attention to detail and fresh ingredients.
Lucino’s uses a combination of Nozzarella and CCSS made with FPPL’s USS process for a true non-dairy, smooth taste. Pizza dining can be done without the diary while keeping all the taste and texture you expect from dairy. FPPLs CCSS is a soy cream cheese that rivals dairy with all the creamy mouthfeel you expect in cream cheese- without the dairy aftertaste. Nozzarella acts just like the real thing – but without the dairy. New layers and dimensions of flavor can be reached using FPPL soy products. All plant-based – more recipes at fujiplantproteinlabs.com/recipes
In Las Vegas and want the best vegan pizza in town- Order here>>
View this post on Instagram
Lucino’s Vegan White Pizza (a best seller!)
Lucino’s uses traditional pizza dough although they can substitute gluten-free. CCSS adds creamy and rich taste when combined with Nozzarella and does not compete with the toppings.
Add olive oil, or, rosemary-infused olive oil for an extra savory layer of flavor. Nozzarella and CCSS picks up any flavor as its made from soy. Never overpowering and with a consistent melt for a great non-dairy pizza or just any pizza. Combined with tomato and basil (like a Margherita), each bite is a delight!
- CCSS Soy Cream Cheese
- Nozzarella Cheese, thin sliced
- Pizza dough (you can also use gluten-free pizza dough)
- Fresh basil for garnish
- Olive oil
- Diced tomatoes (or any favorite, we suggest roasted eggplant)
1/2 tsp. freshly ground black pepper
1 tbsp. freshly chopped oregano
1 tsp. freshly chopped thyme
1. Make pizza dough as typical (high gluten) or you can purchase from your local source. Make sure dough rises at least once.
2. This pizza bakes best in a 500°- 550° pizza oven. Use a pizza pan covered in olive oil and cornmeal before placing dough on top.
3. Roll out pizza dough. Overlap thin slices of Nozzarella to cover the pie.
4. Add dollops of CCSS soy cream cheese around pizza, add toppings, oil, seasonings.
5. Bake until crust is golden brown, and the bottom is cratered and slightly browned at contact points.
Vegan. Simple. GOOD!